|Image via Wikipedia|
|Not an actual picture but extremely close to the finished product.|
Hello everyone! Here is this weeks budget friendly recipe. Last I was reminded of this simple cookie recipe I learned in middle school Home Economics class. This was a fave of my hubby, but I haven't made it since we were dating. I will be making these this weekend.
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar (feel free to use less. I'd recommend 3/4 cup the first time you make these and if necessary, adjust 1/4 cup either way depending on your results.)
Time: 15 minutes
Yields: Approx. 1 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients to make a cookie batter.
- Scoop small balls of dough onto a cookie sheet, with 2 inches in between.
- Flatten with a fork pressing once horizontally and once vertically, which makes a nice cross hatch pattern.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (or so depending on your oven.)
- Cool (on a cooling rack if possible)
- Store in an airtight container. Last several days but mine are always eaten within the first night!
Tip: for a crunchier cookie, sprinkle tops of cookies with a little sugar right before baking. =)