1 lb cooked chicken (cubed, sliced, or shredded)
2 cups sliced bell peppers and onions
Seasoning packet (your choice - taco, enchilada, fajita, etc)
1 14 oz can red enchilada sauce (I like Old El Paso)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add the cooked chicken and sliced peppers to a saute pan. Sprinkle 1/4 of the seasoning packet to the pan and add a little water. Add more seasoning if desired.
- Cook for a few minutes. You want the meat and peppers to be seasoned but not a lot of extra liquid.
- Remove from heat and sit aside.
- Spray an 8x8 dish with cooking spray or just just butter
- Pour enough of the enchilada sauce into the dish to cover the bottom.
- Take one tortilla and scoop some of the chicken mixture into the middle of it.
- Roll the tortilla and place seam down into the baking dish.
- Repeat until dish is full. (normally 4-5 fit for me.)
- Pour the remaining sauce over each of the enchiladas until covered in sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese, cover, and back 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Scoop out and enjoy! Top with your favorite stuff like sour cream.