3/4 - 1 lb. ground beef (or chuck)
1 lb mixed veggies (frozen or canned)
16 oz canned tomatoes (stewed or diced works best)
1 can beef stock or broth
- Sprinkle the ground beef with onion powder, garlic powder and seasoned salt or whatever seasonings you like.
- Brown the ground beef and drain excess oil when finished.
- In a large pot combine the mixed veggies (without liquid) and canned tomatoes (with liquid).
- Pour half of the broth in and stir. Reserve the remaining broth.
- Add in the ground beef and stir.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer.
- If the soup needs more liquid while cooking, use the reserved broth as needed.
- The longer it simmers the better the flavors mix. I let mine sit for hours until the meat is super tender.