Just in time for the summer, Del Monte Fresh Produce is offering U.S. and Canadian consumers a special savings and has released a new coupon for $.50 off their fresh Del Monte Gold® Extra Sweet Pineapple . Pineapple is so versatile and can be used in many summertime recipes. From grilling to blending, it's all up to you. To download the coupon simply visit Del Monte's Facebook page and fill in the simple form. Hurry, this offer expires July, 15th!!
Here's a fun recipe, courtesy of Del Monte to give you some pineapple inspiration.
Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
(Makes 6 (2 kabob) appetizer servings)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into (24) 1-inch pieces
- Ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups DEL MONTE GOLD® EXTRA SWEET PINEAPPLE Chunks
- 1 medium Del Monte® red bell pepper, cut into (24) 1-inch squares
- ½ large Del Monte® sweet onion, cut into (24) 1-inch pieces
- Peanut oil
Prep: To make basting sauce, in a small bowl whisk together honey, 2 tbsp. lime juice, and 2 tbsp. soy sauce until smooth.
Sprinkle chicken pieces with remaining 1 tbsp. of lime juice and soy sauce. Sprinkle with pepper to taste. Marinate 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Thread chicken, pineapple, red pepper, and onion alternately on 12 (6-7-inch) skewers. Discard and leftover marinade. Brush lightly with peanut oil.
- Grill for 10 to 15 minutes, turning to cook all sides. Brush with basting sauce the last 5 to 10 minutes. Serve any remaining sauce over kabobs.
Note: For a spicy variation, omit ground pepper and sprinkle chicken with Jamaican Jerk seasoning to taste.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post and will I receive compensation. All opinions contained in this post are my own.