Zondervan has published an updated and newly designed version of this study Bible.
"The bestselling NIrV Study Bible for Kids starts early readers ages 6-10 on the rewarding path of reading and studying God's Word. This Bible uses the complete text of the New International Reader's Version® (NIrV) which is written at a third-grade reading level and is perfect for those learning to read."
- Presentation page for personalizing and gift giving
- 32 full-color pages include illustrations to bring Bible characters and events to life plus helpful study information about the Ten Commandments, how to become a Christian, prayer, and more
- Check It Out: sketches and descriptions of what life was like in Bible times
- Brain Game: questions to help kids remember important Bible themes
- Soak It Up: great verses for kids to memorize
- Book Introductions: brief overviews of each book with an outline of key events
- Dictionary: Bible words for quick reference
- Map section
My daughter has been asking for a new "big girl" Bible for a little bit now and I was so excited to review this with her. She just turned 6 years old and is a first grader who's fairly new to reading. We loved the colorful artwork. They are just enough to remind her of her storybook Bible and the easy-to-read text lets her know it's a "big girl" Bible. We can read together and she can read some by herself as she grows more proficient over the years. Overall, it definitely gets kids to engage with the Bible in a way that makes it stick.
Disclosure: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.